I am trying to decide on a style I should specialize in. Which style do you prefer the most?

Friday, November 7, 2008

Yarn Dying Naturale At Home




Since I have started knitting I have started to become obssessed with different things concerning knitting and yarn. I had just read up on the internet on how people dyed colorless yarn with natural things (e.g. walnuts, flowers, grass etc). So that night I went out into the kitchen found all the unwanted blacker teas and even went outside for some leaves and grass (as you can see). I boiled everything up and soaked my yarn in it. The leaves and grass didn't do squat, but the tea was a success! My hemp yarn came out a nice tan color. I still use this technique, and absolutely love it! I enjoy to see the different colors and combonations I can come up with.

1 comment:

The Filigree Garden said...

I just received a book I bought on dyeing with natural materials and actually planting a garden to grow these plants. Would be interested to see how your experiments turn out.