I am trying to decide on a style I should specialize in. Which style do you prefer the most?

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Starting This Thing Called "blogging"

This is my first ever blog, before this I didn't even know what a blog was! I am enjoying this very much, that I can say (:

Well, here is a little about me...

Photobucket
I love to knit! Here is a piece I made recently, I call it the Fuzzy Blue Scarflette. I love making cutesy funky things! Below is my Confetti Scarflette.

Photobucket

My Little Work Station

And here's my workstation! I have stocking up lately, and so my workstation has changed dramatically! Michaels had this crazy blowout sale that I couldn't miss, I literally walked out of there with a cart full of yarn! Novelty yarns were literally selling for like 40 cents a skein, I nearly had a heart attack.

I live in stockton and I now attend Delta College. It took me a long time to decide what I wanted to do with my life. I played with the idea of becoming lawyer or a child psychiatrist or a writer. Finally one day I sat down with myself and I tried to really picture myself in ten years at my job. I asked myself "what can I decide upon that I think I will still enjoy to work hard at in the years to come?" I have always been fascinated in Psychiatry, but I finally let it go for the sake of persuing the life in becoming a fashion designer.

Right now I am having my first taste in truly creating and presenting my very own pieces on Etsy.com All my life I have been self concious and doubtful of my creative potential. I never thought that I could make anything that anyone would really find unique or just "good". Etsy has helped me spread my wings I guess you could say. Before I couldn't dedicate myself to making anything, but I feel that Etsy has given me confidence and the will to follow my creative persuits. I know it all sounds kind of silly, but I am sure there are those out there who feel similarly.

If you are interested please check out my shop of Knitted goods and more at

MonasMane.etsy.com

No comments: